Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Life Is Going to Shit..Literally.

Today has been one of those days when I am knee deep into it and I just ask myself, "Why?" Why do you stay home, trapped in, ummm, being home all the time? Why do the meanest, cruelest things always happen to you? Those are just a few of the million questions that I have for myself on a daily basis.

This morning I woke up at 650am for no good or apparent reason. I felt very lively at that time and decided to play a few games online instead of cleaning the city dump that is my house this week. All was well until about 9 am when the most extreme sleepy, tiredness hit me, almost like a drug induced, seditive tired.

Since the girls were not up yet, I curled up in bed hoping for a nice power nap to ward off this sudden drowsiness. I immediately started drifting off into one of those cozy, toasty naps when Brooke busted in the door. She was talking loud about cereal, juice and possibly going swimming. It took me about fifteen minutes to come to completely with the help of Brooke's whining getting louder and louder, "I WANT CEREAL!!!!". Yes, cereal, I think we have that, as I stumble out into the hallway feeling drugged and dizzy. I spot Cassie coming into kitchen, give an order to feed Brooke and stumble back to bedroom. The sleep is overcoming me now...I must, I can't stop it, my body cannot tolerate awakeness right now. "COME SIT AND EAT CEREAL, MOMMY...WHAHHHHHHHH, COME ON, MOMMY, MOMMY,MOMMY, MOMMY!!!" Okay, back up again.

I don't want any cereal, but is that a chair and a table to rest my head on?? Okay, I can do that. "MOMMY, WOOK AT ME!!!" Okay, wooking, I mean looking....She runs out of the room to the potty and then yells for me to wipe her butt. When I get there, she is gone and is now in my bedroom. I tell her to come back so I can do that thing she asked. I look down and it (by it, I mean shit!!) is all over her legs and feet. What the hell? I put her in the bathtub, wash it all off, turn to pee and see it is all over the toilet too. Life is cruel and mom is so, very tired.

After the clean up I coax her into watching cartoons in my bedroom, she goes for it..yay! I then get her all comfortable under the covers, walk around the bed to snuggle into the other side when I feel a very, unpleasant squishy substance on my toes. No, please not THAT! But, yes, totally that!! More shit! I clean up the floor and my foot and head back in.

The day was long and I never did get over this tired misery. But just for fun, after dinner I went to use the bathroom and I starting picking up some towels as I walked through and once again a squishy, unpleasant substance haunted me. It was a pair of her undies,the pair that she must have dirtied this morning, that leaked in my bedroom. There they lay under a towel and of all the places for my foot to land...again....why???????

Seriously, WHY?????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home