Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Family Rollercoasters

I woke up at 435am to take Cassie to the bus. I told her we would leave at ten til, because we lived two blocks from where we had to go. That gave us a good fifteen minutes to get into an arguement because she has to start running her mouth. I, SOOOOOO, did not want to do that and I try so hard to avoid it, but it is Cassie and she knows just the smartass, wrong thing to say to set you off. This morning it was several things including,"Shut up, Mom, just chill, you were too lazy to worry about it yesterday". Huh???? All I said was lets make sure you have everything and I still have to give you your money.

I only spent the better part of the day, yesterday, trying to help her pack and she said, "Chill, we can do it tonight". I then washed up more clothes, because I am convinced you should always over pack, went to the drugstore to get her all her supplies, ran to the bank for her money and then the grocry store to get her all her favorite snacks for the bus and hotel room. I bought her a new CD player and a big supply of batteries.

When we get to the bus she walks directly to it and boards while I am about 10 feet behind her, carrying her luggage. No good-bye, no 'Thanks, Mom" , no kiss my ass, no nothing. It was like the scene at the end of Rainman, I had to yell for her to tell her to have a great time, I love you and call as soon as you can. I then realized she forgot to grab the blanket for napping on the bus, I sped back home, grabbed it and returned with it as the bus door was just about to close. But, of course, I am lazy.

I drive away fighting tears because I can't believe for all I do for this brat all I get is attitude, and all I want is a decent relationship.

Then this morning at about 1130 I get a call from my brother asking if I had talked to my mom cause my sis is all freaked out by a fuzzy message on her cell phone..all she could make out was, "Its mom, static hospital...static", message ends. He then calls me, I call my other brother to see if she was watching his daughter today, she wasn't. Sis calls back and is still freaking out,no answer on Mom or Dad's cell, she called both hospitals and neither are there, she is totally in a panic.

I start getting worried even though my brother and I know she usually gets things blown of proportion and gets very upset before she knows the whole situation. We decide she had an appointment or something and it is nothing too serious...and yet, my mind starts to wonder. The "what ifs" take over and I start to feel scared. Ten minutes later the phone rings. It is my sis, her voice now calm as she says, "Tricia, she was at the mall". The static was so bad "at the mall", became "hospital" to a spazmania.

Then my Brother calls and said, "Is she freakin' crazy or what??" He then informs me he tells her she is a nutcase and a freak. He sounds mad. I knew he would be that is why when she called to tell me first, I offered to call the OTHER brother instead. Momma didn't raise no fool here.

I am sure she will be tortured for this for years to come, but it did serve a purpose for me. Those "what ifs" make you realize that a call like that can come at anytime, a call that brings bad news concerning someone you love. Maybe I should call my mom and tell her thanks from HER brat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home