Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Lists and Worms.

I am 39 now. I remember as a child talking about the year 2000. That I would be 33, it seemed unreal, like it would never happen. But it did and not only did it happen, more years went by and I got older and older. It really didn't bother me much until recently.

I feel old. Having a toddler makes me feel older. I have the patience now, but no energy. I am emotionally a better mom. I do not get overly upset with anything that she does. I am not a screamer where she is concerned and I let the small stuff just roll off my back, because I am old enough to realize it doesn't mean shit.

The physical part, the part that requires endless amounts of energy, walking, playing, running, and maintaining that for 12-14 hours a day, I suck at that. I feel like the one that requires an afternoon nap, that I am not ever going to get. "Mommy chase me!" used to be a game that took five seconds, now I am running like a fool merely trying to actually catch her instead of faking that she is faster than me. There is no faking it now, she is faster than me!

When the boys were young, we used to play outside and I was like a big kid, doing cartwheels, swinging higher than anyone, playing ball and teaching them how to do a flip. Now I sit in the grass with Brooke and when she runs she gets a thirty second head start, cause that is how long it takes me to try and stand up again. I'm so out of shape and that is a bad thing because I don't have the freakin' time or energy to change that. The scariest part is wondering if I even have the youth left to change it. Cause, damn, I gettin' old.

My downfall began when I stopped working in the fast-paced, run yourself ragged, laboratory. I rarely had a chance to sit down. Now my job's only real physical requirement is to be able to lift a phone to my ear. Some days that seems like too much work. After all, mommy chase me can be an exhausting game, ya know?

So, for these and other reasons I have decided to stress myself out further with a "to do list". I only have ten months to complete them all, cause it is a "before I turn forty" list. OMG, I am going to be 40 in 10 months!!! How did this happen? (breathing....)

I want to stop smoking, get in shape, eat right, and possibly work on not being depressed most of the time. Hopefully, the first three will have some major impact on the last one. It is a tall order, especially for me, but a girl can try. I should also work on my denial and stop calling myself a girl, as in young.

I went to some very creepy site today about colon cleansing, because apparently it can change your life. I may order it when I get through all this prom/D.C. trip expense. I want to change my life and if a clean colon will do it, I'm game. The site is , http://www.drnatura.com/, and you just HAVE to look at the icky junk that comes out, under picture gallery. The testimonials are a funny read too. These people pass foot long worms and are so pleased. I get that you are glad to have them out of your body, but if I pass giant worms, I may need extra therapy for that trauma. But, hmm......I should add that to my "before I turn 40" list.

De-worm yourself. Done.



.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

Cause, like, worms and junk can make you have that problem. I want a cleaner, parasite-free colon. I also want several cosmetic procedures too. Since I can't afford those things, isn't a clean colon the next best thing?? (They said it makes your skin all pretty too)

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home