Monday, May 08, 2006

Thump, Thump..

I have a headache. The kind of headache that feels like your eyeball is being popped out with pressure and all around it, as anything or one makes noise, lights come on, you move ever so slightly, it thumps and pulsates in massive headache pain. It sucks.

Brooke decided to have one of those tantrum things over wanting the fence unlocked so she could run wild and I would have to chase her out of traffic and danger. Since moving about that much seemed like the worse of two evils, I opted to leave the gate locked. In return, I got 45 minutes of loud, crying, tantrum, top of her lungs, screaming. I hugged her and tried to act calm, hoping it would telepathically be sent to her, this calm, under-reacting thing. After the long tantrum, by head was thumping spazz-mania-ish and I swallowed several tylenols which I can now taste and I find quite unpleasant, but the thumping is now a dulled tapping on my temple and eye socket. An improvement, at least.

All the chaos has sent me into IBS hell, which occurs most everyday and forces me to go racing to a bathroom about twenty times a day. As if the whole condition was not bad enough, it forces me to spend more time in the bathroom than most anywhere else and while sitting there, a girl ponders about many things. Mostly, how the hell can I keep producing this much, well, shit?? And, if the previous day I have been here twenty times, how do I make enough to go twenty more today? What the hell is wrong with my body, if it had to excel at anything, why did it have to be overproduction of , well, shit!!??!!

There are other unpleasant side effects to IBS. There are cramps, vomit like belly aches, dizziness, exhaustion, dehydration, feeling like you must have a restroom close by at all times, urgency, hemorrhoids, embarrassment, and pain. As bad as these side effects seem, the worst has to be the fact that you start making it part of your daily conversations. Like anyone gives a shit about your shit, you talk to friends and family and start giving them a rundown of how many times you had to go and how bad it hurt that seventh time and how you were in line at the bank and you had to race out and get home immediately and then barely made it and on and on. You become a freak and start believing it is totally acceptable to introduce bathroom habits in normal conversation, because you spend so much of your life dealing with your restroom habits.

I've tried having long conversations with my large intestine. I have reasoned with it, begged, pleaded for some type of normalacy or even a night of not having to worry when I leave the house, but it doesn't listen. It just proves that you can't count on anything that is full of shit.

So, I apoligize to everyone and anyone that I bored with my IBS stories. That is not to say I will not do it again, cause you know I will, but incase you are interested in something a bit different today, I have a killer headache that I am ready to talk about, in length, with anyone that calls.

Why do I get the feeling that no one will be calling?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home