Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day..HA!!

As the mom, you know, the vomit cleaner, maid, laundry doer, pep talker, boo boo fixer upper, dinner maker, stay up all night with sick kids-er, toilet scrubber, and do every other damn thinger, none of my kids, not one, remembered their mommy on Mother's Day. Well that is not entirely true, one did, but he did not actually come out of me.

Chase, my son's good friend remembered. He showed up at the door at about 6 pm last night with card in hand, gave me a big hug and said "Happy Mother's Day!". He always called me his second mom and spent a lot of time at our house. The card called me a remarkable woman and he signed it, "From your favorite son, Chase". Come to think of it, he IS my favorite son.

I remember once when we lived at the other house, I was trying to peel off an old border in the living room. It was a nightmare. No matter what I used to try and get this shit off, it came off in dime-sized pieces. He grabbed a chair, a spray bottle and went to work with me as my lazy family sat around watching TV and playing games on the computer. God, I adore him!

Puke Fest 2006 seems to be winding down as Travis and Brooke both went puke-free for the day and no one else started. I was so anticipating that I would get it that if my insides made even the smallest grumble..I was all in a panic. I now feel that after being exposed for five days and nothing happened, I should be pretty safe. Of course my feelings have a funny way of being completely WRONG more often than not.

Oh, and to all my mother friends, Happy Belated Mother's Day. Here's to another year of the most wonderful, tedious, insane, fabulous job in the world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home