Thursday, May 25, 2006

Taylor Wins!!

I went to the darts banquet instead of staying home for the finale, but when I made a call to see who won at 10pm, I wanted to watch the show immediately. I'm such a nerd, but...WOW, the show was awesome.

When the opportunity came to get the tape, and that happened because I whined over and over, "I want to see it NOW!", my friend met me at Mcdonalds and I skipped meeting my dart buddies for round two. After listening, for an hour and a half, to the top teams in each league and the top shooters and not being even remotely close to winning any such honor, the show seemed more exciting than continuing on to the bar. I think I made the right choice because...WOW, the show was awesome! Did I say that already?

There were guests like Prince, who cracked me up when he came to sing on AI, but then walked off all "I am so above this" in true Prince style before Ryan could walk over to thank him. Everyone sounded so well too, well most everyone minus the Clay lover and the singing cowboys, but they were supposed to be bad. Taylor's number with Toni Braxton wasn't the best of the night, it seemed like her microphone was not high enough or she was not sounding so good or the song was wrong for her or something off, I may need to rewatch it to over analyze that later.

I must admit that Katherine sounded very good last night and if she had performed that well during the actual competition, I may have felt she deserved the title. But she didn't and MY Taylor won, so no complaints here.

This year may have produced the most diverse set of singers. You usually get the standard country and ballad singer, but this year we got a rocker that could really singer, a soul patrol guy and other unique personalities that took the show other places with more entertaining ways to present their songs. Katherine spent a lot of time sitting on the stage and Taylor danced, ran all over the place and even laid on the stage during his performances...definitely something new. More than anything, it was just fun to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home