Sunday, May 21, 2006

"I Wanna Be Da Princess!!"






On her birthday, Brooke was all about wanting to be "da princess". She received about 6 different princess dresses and 15 pair of high heel, play shoes. It was very important for her to be the princess until.........
She opened the "pretty lellow dress" and then she insisted on wearing that. She was very fussy all day, her hair was all over the place and she was like a child in birthday overwhelm. It was important that she spend another ten minutes picking just the right pair of shoes for the "lellow dress".
Then all was well until she opened the Dora bathing suit and grass skirt which, on a day that was getting chilly, was a cold waiting to happen. Not only did she wear this the rest of the day, she insisted on wearing it to bed and most of the next day. I talked her into a bath and took that suit and hid it with a quickness. I hid it so well that I have never been able to find it since.

She saw the picture of the Dora swimsuit as I was writing this and is now all in a fit over it. It started a crying jag that moved from one issue to the next and ended with just crying for the sake of crying. If I could just think of something to make her stop crying for five minutes, it would be such a break for me................ Damn, I wish I could find that sucker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home