Friday, May 19, 2006

Pass the Bucket

I cannot even find the words to describe how horrible the flu/vomit/achey body/dizzy illness has been. I feel a little better today, but far from normal.

Ryan started his new job yesterday at the warehouse. He came home after work and said he was so sore and miserable. He was surprised he was that weak because an hour into all the lifting he was hurting all over. Thirty minutes after getting home, he threw up. He said it made him feel a little better to know it was the illness and that he was not a total weakling. He got up and went today at 8am and I cannot imagine how miserable he must be, trying to make a good impression with a new job while being so ill it is hard to stand up.

This weekend we were supposed to celebrate Chase and Lacey's birthday, Bob's twins from his first marriage. They turned the big 18 this week, but we had to tell them what a bad idea it would be to come to the house of horrors. Bob is going to take then to dinner this evening instead and they will not be able to stay this weekend, for their own good.

Last night was so bad as we all lay in the rec room under our blankies, unable to find the energy or strength to even sit upright. My parents had to drop off pull-ups for Brooke(her illness is now uncontrollably coming out the other end), lysol to spray our diseased house, and gatorade for all of us to get some fluid. They refused to come near the inside of our home and called when they pulled up so we could walk out to grab our stuff. Travis, the only one now over it all, was at Kelly's track meet so we had to call them for the goods.

I can't imagine how it would take so long for me to catch this thing, being the next to last to start, especially because Brooke threw up on me twice while hugging my neck during extreme belly aches. I was the puke bucket cleaner and the fever checker...you think I would have been infected before Cassie and Bob. Of course, then I would not have been able to brag that I was, obviously not going to get it...to then get it.

We have never had someone get sick and then have each and every member of the family have it all in the same week. We are saving a fortune on groceries though, because no one can eat anything. I tried a few bites of jello, but my stomach started to scream in pain to stop. My fever is still going strong making me afraid to get a bath today because my bath water must be one degree below scalding temperature and that could be bad for a fever I would think.

We all have cabin fever too, despite being unable to leave anyway. Brooke woke up the other night at 5am, in one of her vivid dreams screaming about going outside to play. I had to walk her out on the front porch to prove it was night time. She was not happy.

Okay, I has reached my limit on sitting. Time to go lay down again.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home