Thursday, September 21, 2006

Speaking of Blast From the Past.....

Okay, how funny and absolutely scary is that?
Dancing queen, young and sweet, only seven____.

I remember back in the ol'days when my mom used to drag me out of bed on Saturday mornings to attend dance class. I would protest and she would tell me I had to finish what I started. She was NOT paying all that money for me NOT to go!!!

But back in the ol'days all the good cartoons were on and ONLY on Saturday mornings! It wasn't a hard choice after a few years of dance class to realize that cartoons were much more important to me, also the teacher told me my back was not limber and she thought the gymnastics thing was a "never gonna happen" for me.

So, there I was ,again, happy as a clam with all my favorite cartoons and the Banana Splits.

La, la, la La, la, la ,la La, la, la, la , la ,la ,la

One banana, two banana.....

Wow, did I just age myself or what?? Saturday mornings were the shit though back then. We had little choice on what to watch and it was actually a good thing. Tweleve channels and always something to watch, instead of the 200 channels now and not a damn good thing on.

My dancing career ended suddenly, but my love for a good cartoon still carries on. They even made them with humor for us grown ups from the 70's and 80's. So, now you can sit with your toddler and actually enjoy the show.

Oops, gotta run. Sponge Bob is coming on!!

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea...........


1 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

And all these years, I have tried to recreate that hairdo...with no success

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home