Monday, October 30, 2006

Free AOL Sucks

I just wanted to vent about that, cause it does truly suck. My web pages will not open, everything is slow, I lose connection and I feel like I am back on dial up. Me. Don't. Like. Free. AOL.

I ended up going as a (drum roll), WITCH!! Old habits die hard. I bought a vampire outfit, half off, but when I came home and put it on I looked more like a street walker than a vampire and I was just not going to be comfortable that exposed. Cleavage flooding out at the top, way too much thigh showing and the form-fitting black spaghetti strap dress under the cape was just a little too revealing for a mom of four. But, damn, I did look hot for a street walker! Note to self...possible career change??...... NOT.

It was an okay night. I may have remembered more if I had not been pressured into several shots. I may be glad I did not remember more because I crossed that line in drinking where all comments seem perfectly acceptable and appropriate and where doing the thriller dance behind the bar seemed okay... and forgetting most of that is probably best for me. Best for everyone.

Yesterday reminds me of why I do not get drunk anymore. The headache, lazy, do nothing, miserable hangover that follows is rarely worth it and in this case, was totally NOT worth it.

I have been thinking a lot as I will be soon approaching the (gulp) 40 year mark and I am really ready to be the person I wanted to grow up to be..the one with a great job, confidence, self-esteem, a relaxed attitude and just a healthy and happy person. I may be overshooting, but I could get a bit closer than I am right now.

Bob had a nasty, icky eye infection which means that now I have a nasty, icky eye infection and, in the future will mean, one or more children in this house will have a nasty, icky eye infection...and I resent him for bringing this into the house, especially as I sit here with my eyes itching and burning, but I appreciate his antibiotic eye drops that I have now confiscated.

I left this morning, after dropping Brooke of at school, to go work on the last few things at the house that still need finished, but it was cold in there and, instead, I walked around looking at things, feeling totally unmotivated and decided to come home and chill out while I could.

I think I will start working on that "new me" thing tomorrow........

Update: I just went to yahoo and saw my horoscope......


"There is a difference between being observant and being whiny. If you see something wrong and can find suggestions on improving it (or can act on your ideas and solve the problem), then you are an observant. But if all you do is point fingers and complain about things without offering any alternatives, you are just a whiner. You can see what needs to be done today, so go out and do it. You will inspire all the whiners in the world to shut up and join you in a solution"

It may ring true today, but, damn, that was harsh. Especially that "You can see what needs to be done, just go out and do it" bullshit. And is it really MY job to inspire all whiners in the WORLD?? (Two waves and a snap) I think not!

Did I just become the Queen of the Whiners?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home