Saturday, March 10, 2007

Yard Ornaments

Have you ever rode by one of those houses with all the psychotic decorations in the yard?? They have flamingos, spinning daisies, all sorts of cute little animal statues and anything else they could find to clutter up their yard.

I almost became one of those people!

It started innocently enough as I brought a few Easter/Spring-like decorations out. I had a bag of colored plastic eggs that I had added string to and hung from the two bushes out front last year. Brooke was eager to help and I noticed many eggs were stringless, so to keep her out of my hair I suggested she fill each one with a rock and scatter them in the space between the two bushes, where the tulips are starting to bud.

The next thing I know I am at the dollar store, in the outside ornament aisle. I understand these people now. They are not crazy, they are bored. Crazy, "I will take on any useless project and totally over do it", bored!! That crazy indoor cleaning, I was so done with that...nothing left but the outdoors!

I was walking in some sort of spinning daisy nutcase trance, as I picked up pink and purple flowers on a stick that would match my extremely original Easter color motif. I picked up two frogs on a bench holding a lovely spring bouquet, some more frogs, a cute little bunny, a male and female child in spring clothes, each holding a welcome sign and some fake stones with religious stuff written on them. (Easter IS religious, thus fitting into the Easter/Spring theme).

Brooke, simultaneously, was putting her own stuff in the cart. Just as I caught her dropping two sandal shaped notepads in, I noticed she had a purple ball, a pink bunny and a purple and yellow horse head on a stick!! It was like the toy equivalent of my yard ornament quest!!!! I was horrified! It was just enough to knock the sense back into me and empty the cart, except for the purple ball and the horse head on a stick thingy, cause she was all crying for those.....

I left with just an outside folding loveseat and even managed to get the toilet paper I forgot at the grocery store. Not one yard thing, but I totally might go back for the frogs on the bench, cause I love frogs and one more frog in the yard is not like a disorder, right?

Of course repainting the birdhouse on the porch with a nail polish brush might be...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home