Thursday, March 02, 2006

Project House

Last night I decided to go to the house and do a bit of work after the funeral and the buffet at the fire hall. I ate like I was going to the electric chair or something. Buffets can be a very bad thing cause you want some of everything and everything includes about forty different things. I'm still full.

I finished painting the living room and put the first coat on Brooke's room and though the old carpet is still there, looking scary, it is really starting to look like a house. I just have half the kitchen and the hallway to complete on the main floor. Oh, and the bathroom, but it is mostly tile with just about 3 feet of actual wall around the top, so we are definitely making progress.

We are meeting with a possible buyer this weekend. I know I might take a bit of loss, on the value of our currrent home, on this deal, but I just can't afford to pay for both houses right now. I think we will probably agree to it and it is worth it right now because, ummm, we can't afford to run both houses right now.

It makes me think about how money runs just about everything. I know they say money doesn't buy happiness, I wouldn't know too much about that. I do know that lack of money doesn't either and in fact causes a hell of a lot of misery at times. I look forward to being somewhere that allows me to pay all the expenses and still have some breathing room at the end of the month.

Making a little less profit then I hoped will still give me enough to purchase flooring and new furniture for the house. I can even pay off some debt I owe to others, so I can't complain too much. It really is worth the peace of mind and boy, could I use some of that right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home