Saturday, June 17, 2006

Red Cheeks and Karma

Kelly took Brooke to the pool. I met them there later and little Brookie was well sunscreened, but since toddler cracks seem to eat swimsuits, a very delicate part of her lower butt cheeks were left unprotected. She has two little, half moon burns on the bottom of her cute, little tushy.

I watched the Brittany Spears interview and was commenting on her poor judgement and karma smacked me hard in the face. She was all "whatever, shit happens" about poor parenting decisions and "oops" that happen, while making no apologies for it, and I had to comment on it so that Brooke could have 3 or 4 "oops" in as many days.

First, earlier in the week, she was burnt on the iron. She ran into the room as I was ironing a shirt and hopped on the bed. Being the ever protective mother, I told her she had to leave the room until I was finished because her jumping about ways would surely get her injured. I grab her off bed, she lands on my feet and falls directly into burning, hot, take off several layers of skin, iron. She now has a 4-5 inch, horrible looking burn on her lower leg. Even worse, it will certainly scar and ruin her super model career.

Then, she has the red and painful sunburn and a splinter in her foot from running across the picnic table, but for extra evidence for the family services people, she fell off the picnic table too. She fell between the table and bench part and had an egg on her forehead with little scratches on it. She falls quite often and her legs look like way too ripe bananas, as well.

I know where this is headed. She will fall and cut her little arm and we will think it "might" require stitches. We will take her to the ER, where they will make note of the legs, sunburn, forehead egg, and large iron burn. They will call for an investigation....all because I said Brittany
was using bad judgement and not showing remorse for her mistakes.

So, right now, I want to go on record saying that Brittany Spears is the BEST MOM EVER!! I am sorry I ever doubted her and I am begging karma to spare me the cut arm business!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home