Monday, June 12, 2006

Typo's and Brooke Langauge

I was talking to my friend about surfing through ebay and seeing the dumb mistakes people make, not just typos, but total stupidity, go back to first grade, kind of mistakes. My favorite was "as need it", instead of "as needed ".

Most people that know me will question where I get the nerve to actually make fun of anyone in the typing area. I admit it, I totally suck. Not only do I hit the wrong keys at the wrong time, sometimes I type many for maybe and about for above....my fingers work faster than my brain. My usual typos that people will recognize are "teh" and "liek", but can I help it if my "e" finger is just a tad faster than the others??

As we were discussing this very topic, Brooke runs up and informs me we must go get more "grown ups". I am confused until she tells me that Cassie ate them all. I glance over at the kitchen table and see the empty bag of donuts I bought earlier. I correct her saying we will go get more DONUTS, later, she corrects me back with "No, GROWN UPS!!!".

She calls her swimming suit a swimming "soup" and on mornings that I am not fully awake, I am sure I have made her soup when she requested she wanted her "soup". It is only now I know why she fell on the floor screaming, "NO!!!! MY SOUP!!!", as I look down at the bowl and say, "This is your soup."........

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

She has a cousin named Autumn and a cousin named Briona. She used to call them both Briona, until we drilled the name "Autumn" into her head. Now when we take her to the playgorund, she will point at little girls and say, "Look at all dem Autumns!!".

I will never forget the time my mom watched her when I had an appointment. I walked in after and my mom looked very frazzled. She said she kept asking for water, but cried when my mom gave it to her. I said. "Water?? She has never asked me for water". She was about 18 months old and it did not seem likely she would ask for water, but "bottle juice" instead. I asked her what exactly she was saying, but before she could answer, Brooke was tugging on me ""RORA!!". "See", my mother said, "She is saying WAWA!!" Oops. Maybe I should have left a langauge decoder, but Rora, so means "Dora!". Sorry 'bout that, Mom.

She used to call popcicles, bicycles and we worked hard to break that one, cause you don't wanna have 'em looking stupid at the park or something. She finally agreed on just "cicles" and we can live with that.

Though someone only watches her about once every year, I really need to start making that list for the next victim that sits clueless as she demands "grown ups!".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home