Sunday, July 09, 2006

Ear Issues

A few weeks ago, my left ear was bleeding. It did not hurt, so I figured that some water got in there, messed junk up and it was just some type of wound that would heal.

It takes a lot to get me to a doctor, mostly cause I hate'em, but also cause I do not have the patience to sit and wait for their slow asses. Also, sitting in a room trying to avoid eye contact with 20 other people tends to freak me out a little too.

Then, two or three days ago, after the left ear was no longer bleeding, but itching like a mofo, something went wrong with the right ear. I woke up and the pain was severe. My whole outer eye, inner ear, jaw line, neck and the back of my head was ouching like no other ouchy ever in that area. I felt run down and ill. I felt like I was walking in holes and my balence was off. By Friday morning, I knew a doctor visit was unavoidable.

I did what I do, waited a day to see if maybe it would just ,you know, go away on its own. Saturday morning came and I was all fevered and having chills. Yep, no getting around it, I had to go to the dreaded urgent care office.

The right ear was very inflamed, but he definitely saw infection in the middle and outer ear and the left ear was not looking so normal either. I had a fever and felt like shit as I waited 3 and a half hours to just come out with some antibiotics and eardrops. There was also a very unfortunate scale issue that I am not even going to get started on, cause their scale is such a liar!!

Bob worked throughout the entire ordeal of me wanting nothing more than to lay down and be on strike from, "Mommy, I HunGee", "Mommy, I wanna WATCH SpongeBOB!" and the zillion other mommy requests. I had to go to the drugstore to get some last minute items for Cassie's beach trip and other children hung out expecting me to prepare food, but luckily we had none..so they stood there waiting for food money.

Bob was supposed to be on vacation and NEVER goes on a call out when on vacation, but just as he does, when I need him most for back up, he books. By 5pm last night, I was struggling to stay awake. I drifted off a few times, but Cassie tormenting Brooke, for my benefit and frustration, kept the noise level just high enough to prevent any actual sleeping. She can be helpful like that.

So, today the meds are kicking in, fever and chills seem to be gone and now only my ear hurts, but the neck, jaw, back of head thing feels okay. The ear infection is healing, but that scale issue is still festering!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home