Thursday, July 06, 2006

I'm Getting Laid

OFF.

From my job. My fabulous ,work at home, never get to leave the house, job! I don't whether to cry or do cartwheels.

Anyhow, I might work a bit this week and next and then I will be offically finished unless some sort of miracle changes the trucking company I work for and we recover from the loss of our biggest customer. Don't see that happening.....ever.

Part of me feels some relief, while the other knows that being at a home with a toddler and no money is still pretty much being stuck. Who can win? You work everyday=stuck. Lose your job and have all the time in the world, but no funds to gas up the car=stuck.

Things would not have been so bad if we had not sold to, and brought from, some pretty unreliable people. We got one side with a person never wanting to make the payment on time and another who will not pay their portion of the payment, due to back taxes.

I can just see how it went down. The heavens looked upon us and saw that we were going to be in a better situation and then all these calls started, faxes, and chaos, because , " NO!! Remember we make it all hard on THEM..this can't happen!!".

They crunched some numbers, added some more up and came up with "make that buyer never pay and make that seller walk away from her part of the payment, so they can pretty much be back to where they were before....you know, up shit creek without a paddle?? Yeah, that should do it. No, wait, go ahead and take her job too. Okay, perfect!".

Ryan's laptop was killed in an unfortunate accident that no one remembers. It was a total loss....so a thousand bucks down the drain and it was just a pup, we got it last October.

When it rains, it pours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home