Sunday, July 02, 2006

Fireworks.

Last night we sat out in front of the house with Brooke and saw a few firework shows in the distance. One was across the river and behind a hill, but we could see the high ones that reached above the hill and she was so excited! Now I can't wait for her to see our town's fireworks tomorrow night, up close!

As each one lit up the sky, she wiggled and jumped in excitement. She would say "Mommy, see dat firework, dat one green!!!!". Bob and I could not stop laughing at her, it was so sweet to watch how something so simple brought her so much pleasure and excitement. God, how I miss that feeling, I thought, but then I realized watching her was my excitement now. No, I didn't jump and wiggle but my face hurt from smiling and laughing for so long. She was hilarious.

After the firework excitement, she watched cartoons and fell asleep. Bob and I decided to just chill out and have a few beers in the rec room. We made up a new drinking game. We kept switching from the 70's and 80's TV music station and we would have to close our eyes and guess the year the song came out. You had to take a swig for each year you were off, apparently I am bad at this game, cause I was feeling pretty buzzed by bedtime. I held my own in the 80's music, but the 70's were more challenging than I thought. I kept taking the easy , odds route and guessing 1975. The odds were not in my favor much.

Bob was even worse at the game and eventually wondered upstairs to pass out. I put in Ryan's memory tape and watched him grow up before my eyes as I drifted off to sleep, remembering when my, now 19 year old, used to jump and wiggle over fireworks too.

Where does the time go? Weep, weep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home