Sunday, June 18, 2006

Prince Got a Hole in His Lip......

Ryan returned from his trip Friday night. We happened to be on the front porch and I was so excited to see him. Brooke ran down to greet him and give him a big hug. His lower lip was sucked in and he had a strange look on his face.

I went up and gave him a hug as he put Brooke down and he started carrying his luggage to the door, then turned and exposed his lower lip.......it had a RING THROUGH IT!! My perfect faced, handsome, wonderful son had a piercing and his lip was very swollen!!!!! I was devastated. I started a long mom lecture, number 436, about the dangers of it all, how it looked infected, how he may lose his lip..(okay, I was stretching it a bit...but he had a RING THROUGH HIS LIP!!) and the way his employer and football coaches would hate it.

Later we talked about kids today, how they pierce this and tattoo that, and how it would be so easy these days to stand out over the crowd of circus freaks. Is prejudice fair? No. Does it still exist? Hell yeah! If Ryan was up for a job and was even slightly more qualified than another applicant, but Ryan walked in with body art all over and several piercings on his face, while the other did not, the other is SOOOOOOOOOOO getting that job. Like I said, not fair...but still so true.

When I got home from hell, I mean a steakfry in 90-some degree weather, I noticed it was even more swollen. He had friends over and they were getting ready to all leave, so I figured it would not be the best time to work on talking him into taking that thing out before he had a permanent hole forever and ever. So....I waited til he woke up this morning. I told him it was looking bad, he said it hurt and within minutes it was out!! YAY!!!

He started telling me that when he would take a drink it would dribble out that hole. I mean, EWWWWWW. Why would anyone want that? It is like paying fifty bucks for an infection. But anyway, it is OUT!!! I am so happy about that, if you had any doubt.

Back to the steak fry (is that one word or two, whatever, who cares), it was very hot and since Bob was out of town for the night and Cassie was watching Brooke, and Cassie was calling with Brooke screaming in the background, and Brooke was getting on the phone begging me to "come back, see me now, and I couldn't really drink because I was driving and because it was so severely hot, I left by 1030pm and was slightly bummed that I did not get to stay out late and get the opportunity to possibly make an ass of myself.

Maybe next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home