Thursday, May 24, 2007

Been Awhile

I haven't written in so long. Just too much stuff going on and not enough time to sit and vent. That is probably a good thing.

I started my new job two weeks ago. The hours are very low now until we combine the three offices in late July. This is not helping the money situation too much, in fact, it is maybe making it worse. Uniforms, new shoes, gas money, lunch money and all the expense of working is about even to what I am making with these short days. It is like I am working to pay for working....a bad thing.

Brooke seems to be having a great time. She has been to the mall a few times, Amish country, swimming and visited numerous parks since my mom took over with babysitting duties. My parents make me feel like such a loser sometimes. At 40, I find it hard to have enough energy to spend two hours with her at the park, they can fill a 6 hour babysitting day with travel, games, fun, ice cream, long walks, counting cows in the country, and on and on. She comes home with new shoes, a bathing suit, various toys and giant lolly pops. These are not the parents I grew up with at all!!

They did like to do a lot, I will give them that, but the buying stuff.....nope, didn't happen.

Ryan is home for the summer. I know this because my house is a disaster. His shit is everywhere and, when not working, you can always find him sleeping in a room you wish to be in, but his long body is taking up most of it. He has a flagging job for a construction company and I had reports today that he was dancing on the job. I am so proud, and I am not even kidding, I love goofy people, especially if I helped create them.

Travis is getting ready to graduate next week. OMG! It doesn't seem real, four of our six will be finished with high school now, while one has yet to even start school at all.

Change of subject, it made me feel panicky to type that.

Cassie is under house arrest...literally and, oh, the joy of it all. I keep telling myself someday we sit around a table laughing at her antics, and yet I am not sure I will get through her teenage years......but I try to remain hopeful.

Going back to work is starting to make me feel like my old self in some ways. Some good and some bad. On the good side, I get to be with grown ups and be away so that I appreciate being home with the kids a little more than I did when it was 24/7. I am back to making lists of things I need to get done and I like having some purpose other than cleaning and cooking duty. On the bad side, I find that when I get home, I am really tired and never seem to accomplish all the crap on my lists.

I work tomorrow and then have four, count 'em, four days off! Well, three if you count that I work Saturday night....well two if you count that working until 3am Saturday night screws over Sunday......so, I have two days off!! I can work with that, I guess.

I plan on working on my lists and completing all the stuff I have been too tired to get to after work. Or I might lay around like a bump on a log. I haven't decided yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home