Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Mini Mes and Missing Children.

I remember when Cassie was younger and wanted to do a lot of the stuff I did. I worked full-time then, at the hospital, and she did not have the opportunity to be stuck to my hip on a never-ending basis as Brooke does now. Maybe that is why it was less severe.

Brooke is out of control on the mini me stuff and I realized this in the bathroom as I was trying to shave my legs. She HAD to get in too, but I needed the room to shave. I tried over and over to tell her that when I was finished, she could get in and play,but noooooooooooo. She had to get in NOW, cause Mommy was in there.


Then, as I reached for my towel to get out, thinking she would want to stay in and play with all the damn toys floating in there since her arrival, but she had to, also, get out now. She reached for her towel and was studying my every move. As I dried off my arms, she did too, then legs, she did too, then wrapped my hair in a towel, she tried to, as well. When she couldn't get the hair wrap down, she freaked out and I had to try to wrap it around her tiny little head. It would not stay in place causing her to wig out each time it fell off, so I had to take mine off prematurely, so she would just forget about having the towel on her head, already!

Bob made her food when he was home for lunch and she ate all of her's and part of his. But, when I came in to get something to eat twenty minutes later, she had to have what I was having and had to make it too. It is like some crazy syncronized dance she does with me all day long.

If this is the highest form of flattery, I wish to be not get any. At all. Ever.

I find it interesting, especially since I was a single mom when my boys were 18 months and 3 years of age, and prior to that, they were with me only, most of the time, because my first husband worked two jobs. I'm thankful that they did not want to apply make-up and get their nails painted, but being around mostly females, it is pretty cool that they got that they were not supposed to do these things. They spent much of their time chasing each other around, knocking over everything in the house and giggling constantly.

After being up all night looking for a missing Cassie, that decided she should go out at 2am and look for our lost dog, while Bob and I circled our town for hours looking for her, losing any precious sleep that we both needed. And, after being followed around 16 hours a day by a 3 year old that must do as I do...I have come to the conclusion, that I sort of already knew, that BOYS ARE SO MUCH EASIER!! With extra emphasis on the SO MUCH part!

Incidentally, Cassie found the dog, which still freaks me out. It ran away at 1pm and by midnight, we had all decided we would never see it again, being that we only had it for a week and a half, it may never remember how to get back home. Stranger even, was that she found it by our old house on the north side of town and, even stranger than that, she was roaming on the opposite side of town looking for it in the middle of the freakin' night!

When she returned with the dog at 545 am, she came in all excited about finding it, as we were now keeping watch at both doors because the police were now on the case of searching for our missing daughter. When we went ape shit that she was gone for 3 hours plus in the middle of the night, she was all, "Why, is that bad? I found the dog, GEEZEEEEE". She is still confused by the three month grounding and the long lectures we keep giving her....she totally doesn't get it.

Yup, give me a son to raise any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home