Tuesday, January 24, 2006

An "F" in Mom for the Day.


Cassie, after much coaxing, went back to school today. She wears baggie sweats about 90% of the time. We told her to wear regular clothes more often. She always insist we buy her all these clothes she just loves at the store. You know, normal stuff, like jeans, tops without a sport's team plastered all over the front, so that she looks put together at least sometimes. She listens to us for once and actually dresses in non-jersey material today.

Fast forward to 10am. Phones rings, caller id comes up as her school. First thought, "Oh, my God, she is coming home sick AGIAN!!!". Wrong!
"Hello". (with ever so slight annoyance, as I think it is her for above reason).

"Mrs. B., this is the school guidance office calling about Cassie."

"Yes?" (gulp)

"Well, Cassie is a very attractive girl and she is well endowed in certains areas (really, which ones?) and though her shirt is not entirely inappropriate on its own, she does have a cleavage line showing, most notably when she leans over to pick up her books."

"Uh huh".

"Would it be possible for you to bring down a more suitable shirt for her? We had her put her winter jacket on to cover her up until she could change her shirt. But the school is quite warm, so she cannot be comfortable." (Speaking of uncomfortable, I'm sure there was no humiliation in requesting her to put on and zip up her winter coat)

"Yes, I will take care of that right away, but let me just say, I realize things look more, ummmm, inappropiate on her, but I also know that is hardly her fault. So while I understand your concern and will be more selective in choices for school, ten different girls could have that very same top on and it would not be an issue at all. As unfair as that seems, we will try and tone down her, ahhhhh, (boobs, breast....nah) well, you know."

"Thank you, Mrs. B. and I do apologize for the inconvenience."

I guess the sweats were a better choice of attire, since thriteen year olds with boobs are now considered "inappropiate". I dropped the ball on that one big time!!

But just to really rub it in, I think the Steeler game has corrupted Brooke. There was some alcohol present, some loud yelling and just your general game watching stuff. She opened her play refrig today, took out two fake plastic bottles of coke, brought me one and said, "Here, Mommy, we have a beer. Go Steelers!!!".

Now I am totally going to have to ace the final.......... damn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home